Applying to Serve
We are staffed entirely by volunteers who give up a week or more of their time to contribute to the camp ministry. It's a great blessing to have so many people who want to serve and keep camp costs accessible. Every year our staff family grows as new volunteers discover what a great experience it can be to serve God and the students entrusted to us. If you love to minister to young people, please consider serving with us this year. Opportunities to serve include the following:
- Pastor/Bible Teacher: A man or husband and wife team to teach each morning and evening, and also provide spiritual leadership for the camp.
- Kitchen: Each week we need a hard-working team of people who help us prepare three daily meals for the campers.
- Nurses: We need a registered nurse or other licensed practitioner to provide first aid, oversee dispensing of prescription medication, and provide guidance for the safety and good health of the campers and staff.
- Lifeguards: We need certified lifeguards to oversee pool operations including pool maintenance and lifeguard duties in the afternoons when the pool is open for campers.
- Counselors: We need spiritually-mature adults who love to work with youth. A counselor is assigned a group of campers that they mentor and oversee for the week.
- Other Roles: We also need help in other areas like the craft shop or maintenance.
The Camp Committee
We praise God for all that He has done through the Mason Dixon Camp ministry over the years. It's an incredible blessing to have this opportunity to serve and create such a meaningful experience for so many campers. We are also deeply thankful for the volunteers who give a week or more of their time to come and serve with us. We can't do this without you.
- Bill Barrows
- Frank Kelly
- Jeff Roberson
- Chad Barrows
- Mary Henson
- Anne Barrows
- Mary Barrows